| Foundation of The International
School of Geneva
62 route de Chêne,
Tel: (+41) 22 787 2400
Fax: (+41) 22 787
National, IB, curricula.
The International School of Geneva is a complex of three co-educational
campuses offering an education from pre-primary to Grade 13 to the international
community of the Geneva area: La Grande Boissière, La Châtaigneraie
The school, founded in 1924, is a Swiss Foundation under the supervision
of the Swiss Federal Authorities. It is a member of the International
Schools Association, the MSA and ECIS. The Director-General is an overseas
member of the Headmasters' Conference.
The aim of the International School of Geneva is to offer to students
of different nationalities an excellent multicultural education while
teaching them understanding and open-mindedness and generosity.
Most students are enrolled in the English or French programmes, with
a strong emphasis on learning the other language. There is increasing
development of bilingual programmes. The instructional programme prepares
students for four university entrance examinations: the International
Baccalaureate, a diploma recognized by a majority of countries, the
American College Boards, the Swiss Federal Maturité and the French
The faculty (156 full-time and 82 part-time, representing more than
19 nationalities) are recruited on the basis of their academic qualifications
and their interest in international education.
All campuses are situated in pleasant surroundings. The educational
equipment and facilities are extensive and up to date, and include computing
rooms, libraries, science laboratories, gymnasia, theatre and art workshops.
A full programme of sports and extra-curricular activities is a vital
part of school life, including clubs, theatre, choir, orchestra, trips
and debates (Student League of Nations).